I know it’s sad (I don’t get out much!) But Happy 6th months to my Blog 🙂
6 months ago I was in quite a crazy place and starting my Blog enabled me to find a place where I could share all my thoughts ~ and in the process I’ve met lots of lovely, supportive Bloggers. It’s helped me to understand myself and my daughter more and has opened avenues I’d never have expected. I’ve always been quite down on myself and was forever telling myself I wasn’t any good at anything but in the last 6 months this has happened (all through the platform of my Blog,)
- I’m a regular Blog post writer for the charity ‘Family Fund.’
- I’ve been able to use my photography in my Blog, which was an interest I’ve had since a child and this has enabled me to pursue my interests once again. I’ve been asked by Family Fund for permission to use a photo of my daughter, Lou, in their marketing materials.
- My Blog post regarding local children’s centre cuts enabled me to feature with my family in a local newspaper and I continue to fight to support this cause.
- I have learnt so much about Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD,) ADHD and ASD and have researched so much on Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA.) And have been able to advise some other parents. All of which has enabled me to learn so much about my own child and how I can best support her. From finding out about a ‘Sensory Diet’ I’ve incorporated my Early Years experience to explore many different sensory (messy) play and craft activities.
- I’ve started writing 2 online series via an online publisher and I hope to producce my own book in the near future.
- I’ve connected with so many supportive Bloggers via support networks, both local, countrywide and even worldwide.
6 months ago I didn’t even know what a Blog was! I never thought that a platform could open up so many opportunties whilst enabling me to be at home whilst my children are young.
So very, very greatful 🙂
Thanks for reading 🙂